Today I saw this on Pinterest and of course I pinned it to one of my boards. How could I not pin this? It so eloquently and concisely says how I feel. And you know, it’s not all BAD that my pain has changed me. I won’t even list the bad because we could all list out negative things all day long.
Instead I am going to list out the GOOD changes that have happened in me and to me because of my pain.
- I have better boundaries and I don’t say yes to every fun thing.
- I appreciate good days so much more than I used to.
- My family is finally my focus.
- I better understand that what motivates me might not ever motivate you, and that’s ok.
- God has used my pain to work miracles in my marriage – because I finally shut up and sat down so that my husband had a chance to stand up and lead.
If you’re stuck in a bad emotional place today because of your unfortunate life circumstances, I encourage you to make a list of the GOOD that has come about from your pain. If you can’t even list one thing, it’s time to “use a lifeline” and phone a friend. I bet he or she can give you a whole list of things on which to focus and be thankful!