Multiple new folks have landed on my blog over the past couple of months and I figured it was time for an update to bring everyone up to speed on who this Ann person is. This post is mostly about my transparent qualities that some find … how shall I say… disturbing. But honestly my transparency is one of the things that helps me connect so deeply to others.
So here are 5 things that I remembered about myself this week:
- My husband can make me laugh harder than anyone else on the planet. To the point that I snort when I laugh. Which makes him laugh harder, and that makes me laugh harder — and we pretty much take on the characteristics of two middle school boys who laugh at completely inappropriate things, in totally inappropriate locations.
- I would rather put together a gas grill than cook dinner. I can rock a drill — actually “our” drill is only “ours” because he married me. That whole common property thing keeps me from really being able to claim it as “mine” anymore.
- I can’t handle the sensation of having something stuck between my teeth. And I WILL stop to buy dental floss should such an issue arise. And I will use it in my car until the issue is resolved.
- There is something very therapeutic about emptying a filled vacuum canister. I have a great sense of accomplishment from removing a ginormous about of disgusting things from our carpet/floors/blinds … and anything else I happen to vacuum while I’m at it….. lights, fans, my shirt, chairs, the dust on the entertainment center, and … for the sake of full transparency… lampshades.
- I thrive in a clean environment – I don’t have OCD but I absolutely have OCD tendencies. However, I seem to be one of the main reasons why we have stacks of random things in the kitchen. I’m sure there’s a need for therapy in there somewhere, but whatever. (Putting my shoes away right after I post this to appease my husband)
So there you have it. There’s a little bit of the disturbance in the force of my mind. So tell me something about you! Tell me one thing you remembered about YOURSELF this week!